Data Entry/ Photo Edit
The data entry portion of this screen is divided into two data entry parts. The top left portion applies to all the photos. The lower portion is only for photo selected.
- Title for All Photos - Select to have a title appear on all photos (i.e. "Copyright 2001, ABC Inc." or "Park Photos").
- Sub-Title for all Photos - Select to have a sub-title appear on all photos.
- Datum - Select to have the datum displayed on all photos.
- Photo Comment - Each photo can have a comment. After a comment is entered for one photo, the comment will be available for use in other photos via the drop down list box.
- Load From File - The comment list displayed can be customized by creating a text file. Click on Load From File, select the file with the comments.
- Direction – If you gathered direction data when you took the photo, this box will be automatically populated (See Taking Pictures in the quick reference guide). If the box is blank, you may manually enter the direction the camera was facing when the photo was taken. The direction abbreviations can be customized by editing the compass.txt file.
- Internal Comment - This comment will not appear on the watermark, only in the text file and ESRI shape file output.
- Manual Lat/Lon - Allows the editing of the photos computed lat/lon or the ability to manually enter a lat/lon.
This part of the screen (upper right) allows you to preview each photo and do some basic photo editing:
- Select photo from the list at the left.
- Change brightness, contrast and rotation as desired (described below).
- Select Reset to return the values to the default.
- These attributes will be applied only to the watermarked photo (the original file is left untouched).
Brightness/Contrast - Use these controls if the photo cannot be seen very well (this will affect the watermarked photo).
Rotate Left/Rotate Right - Rotates image, used for viewing photos if camera was tilted when taking the photo.
Fit image to screen - Select to fit the whole photo in the screen. Uncheck to view photo in actual size. Use the scroll bars to view other portions of the photo.
Do not include photo in output – (right side of screen) Select this option if you do not want the displayed image to be processed.
Click OK when finished to proceed.